- 20 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 4 packed cups of fresh spinach
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar (don’t use pre-shredded)
- 15 thick slices of applewood bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 and lay out the bacon on a sheet pan. Squeeze them on there, all 15 pieces should fit. Cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Chop the spinach roughly and wilt in a pan without oil to release some of the water, set aside to cool.
- Grate your cheese, about 3/4 of a pound.
- Crack all your eggs into a bowl adding the heavy cream and seasonings, mix together well.
- Take a 9×13 glass pan and spray with avocado oil or lightly grease with bacon drippings.
- Once the bacon is done, chop it up and reduce the oven temp to 375.
- Next is the layering in the glass pan. Layer the bacon, then spinach(it should be cool enough now to squeeze some of the water out), half the cheese, egg mixture and then the rest of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the middle is firm to the touch and depending on your desired brownness.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into 10 portions.
10 servings in total
- Calories 355
- Fat 26.5g
- Net carbs 1.2g
- Protein 25g